Thursday, September 10

{quick and easy dessert}

Honestly, I am no Martha Stewart. If a recipe has too many ingredients I will probably not attempt it. In the Petunia household we have lots of baked chicken, turkey burgers, turkey meatballs, tacos, baked potatoes, salads and veggies. (I do go all out on Thanksgiving, though, when we have friends over and I get up at the crack of dawn and do ALL of the cooking.) I also make a mean pot roast. But, for the most part I appreciate simple recipes.
Here is what I made for dessert tonight. Lil Petunia likes to help--fun and easy. Stay tuned at the end of the post for my failed attempt at a VLOG!

Chocolate Covered Strawberries in minutes:
The secret is using chocolate chips. Nestle Toll House semi-sweet is my favorite, but tonight we were testing out Ghirardelli dark chocolate chips. (This Ghirardelli tasted a little bitter.)
Place chips in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high for 1 minute for small chips (like Nestle), and 1 minute 30 seconds for larger chips (like Ghirardelli).
Wash strawberries and dry completely.
Stir to smooth out chocolate and you are ready to dip. Have a foil or wax paper-lined tray ready.
Lil Petunia dipping:
Refrigerate for 15 minutes or so to harden chocolate. Leftovers will still be yummy tomorrow--store in fridge.
Voila!
For entertainment purposes ONLY:
I had the bright idea to do a VLOG of this procedure, but forgot to take a few things into consideration first......like how to hold the camera and stir at the same time.....

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look soooo good!! loved the vlog too--hey, at least you tried! = )

DD said...

Okay, as my husband says, "You've gone and flung a craving on me now." Yummy!!!

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Looks delish!

PS: It is Martha "Stewart" :)

Suzanne said...

A simple dessert, but oh so yummy!

Pretty in Pink said...

perfect start to vlogging! you'll be a pro before you know it :) you need to use your "photo booth" video application or your iMovie application- both are easy to upload- let me know if you need any help.

GingerSnap said...

Thanks for the instructions! These are one of Hubby's favorites - I'm so glad to hear it's so easy! I might be making my own VERY soon :)

Jules said...

They look so yummy! This is such a simple and delicious dessert.

Anonymous said...

I've always wanted to know how to make chocolate dipped strawberries everytime I stopped by at Godiva and paid them $4.50 for each piece. Once I eat it I forget(read lazy) that I'm supposed to look up for the recipe.
You are soo awesome! Thanks for posting this!I'm gonna try some pretty sooooon

The Mothership Abroad said...

Yummy!

Anonymous said...

yum! i wonder if it would be ok to bring these for rosh hashannah to my in-laws next week! aside from the hallah bread i have to bake-

Southern Living: Preppy Style said...

What you mean, that is SO Martha Stewart! I have to admit, I've always been scared to make them b/c I thought it'd be complicated, I was wrong. Cute vlog too! =) Still nothing from JL! Arghhh....

Randall @ Happy For This Moment said...

Hahaha, glad the spelling correction helped :)

M.Lane said...

I didn't think it would be this easy!

But I have to say, I was not having a particularly great morning today and the vlog made me laugh and changed my entire attitude!!! Good try anyway...

You have now earned the august position of vlog operator for my next attempt at a Crown Room Club video!!!!

Have a great weekend.
ML
mlanesepic.blogspot.com

Heather said...

Those chocolate covered strawberries look so good. Your vlog was pretty cute! :)

Jaina said...

That looks like fun! I do have to put out there that Ghiradelli uses high fructose corn syrup. I learned that recently, courtesy of Jen's Friday chocolate reviews over at Jen on the Edge. There's like one or two that don't...I don't remember which ones though. But that aside, I do LOVE chocolate covered strawberries.

midnight macaroons said...

Ghirardelli is my favorite chocolate. Well, it's my favorite chocolate in the states. Your chocolate covered strawberries look fantastic. Makes me hungry. And your Vlog was really cute.

Crystal @ Plush Palate said...

LOVE chocolate strawberries (I'm getting hungry...) and love how easy they are to make. You've just inspired me to make them this week, it's been too long!

xo,
Crystal

Kate said...

YUMYUM YUM!

Jill said...

The strawberries look delicious! They are such an impressive dessert and an easy dessert. Great combo!

Miss Janice said...

They look so delicious and make would make such an elegant presentation!

Madeline said...

Mmm...they look delicious! Had to laugh at the runaway bowl. :)

preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

Yummy!!! You are a chef afterall, hee! hee! :)