Tuesday, September 30
Saturday, September 27
Yep--that's what I look like with my dinosaur flip-phone that now sadly happens to be falling apart. I tend to resist new technology in the beginning (before diving head first into it).
So, my question is this -- which should I get -- the iPhone or the Blackberry?? I welcome any and all opinions!
I know that everyone loves their iPhone, but I would like to know a few things:
- Honestly, how is the reception? Does the iPhone (AT&T network) drop a lot of calls? I am hearing this from a few people and it could be a major deterrent.
- How difficult is the touch screen for texting? Would you prefer buttons? Do you hit the wrong key a lot of the time? This is important.
- I've also heard the camera is not so good and only 2mp. Not so important.
- How easy is it to deal with e-mails? I've heard that it jumbles all of your e-mails into one folder (sent & received).
- Any other pros and cons of either would be much appreciated!
Friday, September 26
- I am the youngest of six children. I am the youngest by six years. Hmmm...I wonder if that means that I wasn't planned??
- I have situs inversus: an uncommon condition in which the heart and other organs of the body are transposed through the sagittal plane to lie on the opposite (left or right) side from the usual. Therefore, my heart is on the right side instead of the left, as well as the appendix, gallbladder, spleen, etc... I have no side affects from this and usually forget that I have it. X-ray technicians freak out when I forget to tell them this.
- I do not drink coffee. Blech! It doesn't taste good. I'd much prefer green iced tea or a Coke, please!
- I do not drink alcohol. Well, okay--I rarely drink alcohol. I just don't like it better than a Coke or iced tea and it makes me too tired! On special occasions I may have a drink and if so I prefer champagne or Pinot Grigio. Sometimes I go a little wild and order a Margarita. Have you ever had a Pomegranate Margarita?
- I was a very serious student at an all-girls high school and went to college on scholarship. It took me one year of having a little too much fun to lose said scholarship. I then wrote the University a letter explaining that my low grades were due to the fact that I had contracted Mononucleosis that year which had affected my studies. This was kinda true, but not entirely true. They extended my scholarship another year.
- I had so much fun in college that it took me six years to graduate with my bachelor's degree. I drank lots of alcohol in college and really enjoyed it and it didn't make me tired at all.
Thursday, September 25
Wednesday, September 24
Woo-hoo, I made it through Wednesday. This has been an exhausting week.
Monday, September 22
But whenever Monday comes, but whenever Monday comes
You can find me cryin' all of the time!
Saturday, September 20
For dinner the girls were taken to The Breakers Hotel. While they were there, the birthday girl's mother called me to ask if it would be okay if the girls' watched "Hairspray" due to the fact that it is a PG movie. At the end of our conversation she asked me if I would like to speak with Lil Petunia. I said well, sure, if she wasn't in the middle of something, to which the Mom responded "Oh, no! She's right here--hold on!" So, Lil Petunia gets on the phone and the first words out of her mouth (much to my horror) are:
"Mommy! This place is SO GREAT! It is EVEN BETTER THAN CHUCK E. CHEESE'S!!!" .......
OMG. Did my daughter just scream that out loud in front of the birthday girl's mom in the middle of The Breakers?? Yes. She did. I am mortified. If you remember this post, then you know that I take my daughter to only the finest dining establishments in Palm Beach County.
(It turns out that what she meant is that The Breakers has a game room even better than CEC.)
When I went to pick her up today Lil Petunia and her two besties were still having so much fun being together that I took them out to lunch at Hamburger Heaven. During the car ride there Lil Petunia suggested that we have lunch at The Breakers instead! Ha! Ummm...no. We had to drive right in front of The Breakers on the ride to HH, so all three girls started squealing with delight when they saw the hotel.
Friday, September 19
I think this one is perfect because it has the height needed to fill the space and it adds a punch of my beloved blue color. (Don't worry, Jeanette, it does not block the view!!)
Thursday, September 18
Wednesday, September 17
Your mother? ballroom dancer
Your father? WWII veteran
Your favorite thing? (not including people) shopping
Your dream last night? none
Your dream/goal? I'm living it.
Your favorite drink? Arizona Green Iced Tea
The room you're in? bedroom
Your ex? friends
Your hobby? shopping and now blogging
Your fear? death
Where do you want to be in 6 years? here
Where were you last night? home getting an awesome foot massage from hubby!
What you're not? fake
Muffins? corn muffins or cranberry-orange
One of your wish list items? to have my house (decorating) completely finished
Time? never enough!
Where you grew up? Metairie
Favorite weather? 70's and 80's
What are you wearing? silk nightgown
Your favorite book? many
Your TV? Bravia
Your pet? died
Your computer? Macbook
Your mood? exhausted, but happy
Missing someone? ...Mom, Dad, Madeline, Tommy, Jeanette, Alicia, Bruce, Kenneth, Anita, Lauren, Chris, Monica, and all of my nieces and nephews back in Louisiana!
Your car? rear-ended by a stupid girl with no drivers license, no auto insurance, & no registration. She got to walk away and I got to pay for my own damage. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?!
Something you're not wearing? jewelry. I cannot sleep in jewelry even my wedding rings. I feel like my fingers start to swell and DEFINITELY never a watch or necklace or earrings--that would drive me nuts.
Favorite store? ...like asking a Mother to choose her favorite child!!!
Love someone? yes
Your favorite color/shade? aqua blue
Last thing you ate? California Pizza Kitchen avocado club eggrolls
Your life? good.
Your friends? best
What are you thinking right now? that I HAVE to go to sleep now!
What are you doing at this moment? duh... ;-)
Your summer? so much fun having houseguests & enjoying our new home
Your relationship status? happily married
What do you do when you can't sleep? blog or read
When is the last time you laughed? tonight
Last time you cried? a few days ago when Steel Magnolias was on demand & I couldn't resist watching it again...
If you are reading this I tag you to play along!
Tuesday, September 16
Monday, September 15
Oh my goodness, I can't believe it! I won the adorable monogrammed umbrella in Belle's blog giveaway! Yay! Of course I chose PINK for my umbrella color. I can totally use this because my current umbrella is boring old black and several years old--blech. I will now be escaping downpours in monogrammed preppy style! Belle's mom owns the boutique that sells these little cuties, so if you are interested in having one of your own then head on over to her blog -- A Belle and her Beau.
Sunday, September 14
Friday, September 12
Wednesday, September 10
Okay, who here is not addicted to Facebook?? This is all I need--another distraction from actually getting things done around here. I was up at midnight last night having an animated and completely entertaining FB chat with one of my friends who lives in the Northeast. AND I had to wake up at 5:45am to get ready for work today! Ouch--it physically hurt when that alarm went off this morning! It was still dark outside. ...and even on a normal day I am not a morning person.
Monday, September 8
I drove up to SB on Saturay with bff and she liked my new pair so much that she ordered a very similar pair, same base color with slightly different whipstitch color. They are in the midst of the big sale (runs through Sept 14th), which is the best deal you will ever get on the Emma Monogram sandals ($40 off!), sooooo....in about 15 weeks I may have something new to show you! ;-)
Sunday, September 7
- As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember that maybe brings a smile to your face!
- Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you. It will be fun to see the responses. If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you are playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you. (But, you don't have to be a blogger to play.)
Saturday, September 6
All LBD's available at your local Saks Fifth Avenue!
Thursday, September 4
I completed my civic responsibility today! I was called for jury duty and, like most people, was really dreading it. I had never served before and was a little nervous about going to the courthouse and everything that jury duty entailed.