Sunday, October 30

{pics from NYNY}

Thought I'd share some other photos from our trip last weekend (other than the bedbug pics!).

the view from our hotel room

Little P and I told Hubs that we must stop by the new Laduree on Madison Avenue.  They had a Halloween-themed window display and yes, those orange macarons were delicious.  I found a new favorite, though, blackcurrant violet--amazing!

When we were in line waiting to enter Laduree Carl Bernstein happened to be walking by and he stopped to ask me what we were in line for.  He got quite a chuckle out of the fact that dozens of people were waiting outside just to purchase some macarons.  Obviously he's never had a Laduree macaron.

Little P and I outside the Gershwin theater before seeing Wicked.  All four of us really enjoyed it!

After the performance we walked over to Magnolia Bakery where picked up these treats and took them over to Rockefeller Center to watch the ice skaters.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, how I love New York! Looks like a great time!!

Natalie said...

I dream of trying a Laduree macaroon one day!

Day Old News said...

I didn't even know about them until my last trip there a co-worker marched me right to the shop when I said I was clueless. So good!

Magnolia Blues said...

WOW!!! I can't get over how grown up Little P. looks in that picture. She's really grown into a beautiful young lady. She's gorgeous. I love your hair!!! Such a great cut and color. You both look fabulous. Those macaroons look delish. Hope you had a wonderful time at Wicked.

Hugs,
Gigi

Landlocked Mermaid said...

I haven't checked in for a while. I am so glad to see that you are blogging again. Your hair looks beautiful!
Ok, Miss! I travel to NYC all the time and am paranoid about Bed Bugs. I have stayed at that hotel numerous. times. I was just at the Millenium hilton in times square. I am crazy when I check in I ask to speak to the manager and tell him that I need to know the bedbug situation. I also always check bedbug registry to see what hotels have them in NYC. I always pull back the bed sheets and check the corners of the beds for bugs. I am crazy, I am actually going to NYC in January and will not stay at the one on Church street again. Make sure you go on bed bug registry and leave a note about that hotel.. Or google Millenium Hilton and bed bugs and leave comments where others are talking about their stay.
I am sooo sorry that your trip was damaged by this!!! UGH!
Hugs xoxo