Wednesday, October 22

dramatic dining rooms


Oh, I know I was going to keep this house light and monochromatic throughout, but I just came across this photo (HouseBeautiful.com) and I am LOVING this new paint color from Benjamin Moore!  It is so pretty.  I also love the fact that it is in a matte finish.  I do not like sheen or shiny finishes on walls anywhere.  This is from BM's new Aura collection of paints and is called Caponata #af650.  I want to paint it somewhere now!
Unfortunately I think it would be too much in my dining room.  I don't have a picture of my DR downloaded on this computer, but will try to post one soon so you can see what I mean.  I have a large expanse of wall to cover.  Then again, maybe this would be an intersting idea and a way to do something with all of that wall.  Hmmm....   ???

I also love this Peony pink paint.  This raspberry color would be fun in little Petunia's bedroom or maybe the playroom!  

6 comments:

Hopsy said...

That Peony Pink is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

i love playing with color- however- pinks are tough...too much of one tint and it throws your room into peptobismol syndrome...in my old house, i had a courtyard and idecorated it VERY bahamian...my dining room was the best room of all...

preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

love the two looks, very different!

Anonymous said...

They are both pretty colors. I think the pink would look so cute in a playroom or girl's bedroom.

Jill said...

I love color! Great choices.

Jaina said...

Those are great colors. I prefer some sort of semi-gloss or gloss for the sole reason that it's easier to clean off/wipe down if/when walls get dirty.