Friday, January 23

{random}

I don't know why I am thinking of this, but it is a silly little memory I'll share with you.
A couple of years ago I was an active member of my very first online forum.  Every member could post on various message boards and there were moderators who controlled things when "situations" arised and members became unruly.  Repeat offenders were eventually banned from the forum--their memberships deleted, although you could still read all of their past comments.  Next to each members post/comment (kind of like in our comment section here) was a picture or "avatar" of their choosing and a caption which said "Member" or "Moderator" or it could be personalized by the member.
I would occasionally find myself reading past conversations about something of interest.  
Occasionally I would come across a member's avatar whose caption read "Sofa King Banned".  For months I wondered why the moderators thought it was funny to label these people who had obviously become unruly and gotten banned  "Sofa King".  Who was Sofa King and why was he banned?  Obviously it was an inside joke and I was not privvy to the punchline.  I never did figure it out.
Months later someone else (a newbie) asked the question  and a moderator filled him/her in.  Have you already figured it out for yourself???

Say it quickly out loud to yourself....that person was "Sofa King Banned" from the forum.  hee hee


9 comments:

Sandra said...

That is hilarious!! And I wouldn't have figured it out without your help!! Love it!!

Madeline said...

hahaha...took me a while too!

Landlocked Mermaid said...

yes i had to say that three times to get it.. xo

Lauren said...

I don't get it. I feel like a dumb blonde.

Petunia said...

haha!
Say it this way...
"he is SO fa king banned from the forum"!

Misty said...

That's a good one I will have to remember....

Patois42 said...

If I hadn't seen your comment, I'd never have gotten it. Thank you. That is great.

Jaina said...

Lol. Took me a few minutes to figure it out. And reading your comment a few times. Outloud. Lol

midnight macaroons said...

Ok, I feel like a dork. I asked my husband and he rolled his eyes and laughed. My southern accent is too thick. He had to say it for me. That's funny!!!